The Border Police has attacked two cases of smuggling of goods at the Rinas airport , putting them in handcuffs after, in their suitcases, women's clothing of different brands, which were not declared in the checks, were found in their suitcases. customs .
Also, two other citizens, in connection with the smuggling of goods, have been put under investigation.
The police announce that an investigation has also been launched for a German citizen who was caught in his bag with 30,000 undeclared euros.
Maximum commitment of Border Police services, to manage the flow in/out, as well as to prevent and crack down on border crimes.
As a result of the increased controls, 2 cases of smuggling of goods and 1 case of non-declaration of money were detected.
- For the 2 cases of smuggling, 2 citizens were arrested in the act and 2 others were prosecuted at large. Clothes of different brands, with considerable value, are seized.
- For the case of non-declaration of money, a German citizen was criminally prosecuted. The amount of 30,000 euros that was not declared at the exit of RSh is seized.
As a result of the maximum engagement of the services of the Rinas Border Police, in cooperation with the customs authorities, for the prevention and attack of border crimes, in addition to the work to provide quality service to citizens at the entrance/exit, 2 cases of smuggling of goods and 1 case of non-declaration of funds.
For these cases:
- the citizen EK, 26 years old, was arrested in the act and the proceedings were started in a free state for the citizen HK, 24 years old, both living in Tirana, after the Police services found clothing in their suitcases at the entrance of RSh for women, of different brands, that were not declared at customs, as defined by law;
- the VM citizen, 61 years old, was arrested in the act and the procedure started in the free state for the UK citizen, 52 years old, both living in Tirana, after the Police services found clothes in their suitcases at the entrance of RSh for women, of different brands, that they had not declared at customs, as defined by law;
- the materials have been referred to the Prosecutor's Office, where the proceedings have started in a free state for the German NZ citizen, 44 years old, since upon exiting the Republic of Slovenia, during the physical check and the check in the bag, the Police found 30,000 euros that he did not had declared at customs. The amount of money was seized as material evidence.
The procedural materials were passed to the Prosecutor's Office at the Court of First Instance of the General Jurisdiction in Tirana, for further actions.